The Housing Assistance Council's Privacy and Security Statement
HAC respects your right to privacy and will protect it when you visit our web site. Here are some things you should know about how we protect your privacy.
- When you send us e-mail we won't keep or share your e-mail address with anyone outside of the HAC staff. We'll only use your e-mail address to respond to your requests for information.
- One exception to this is that we do occasionally share our press list upon request.
- If you sign up for one of our (e-)mailing lists, we'll only send you the kinds of information you've requested.
When you visit our web site we collect certain information about your visit that does not identify you personally. We can tell the type of computer, browser, and web service you are using. We also know the date and time you visit and the pages you visit. Collecting this information helps us design the site according to your needs.
- We monitor visits to the web site to identify any attempt to tamper with it.
- Tampering with HAC's web site is against the law. If anyone tries to tamper with it, they may be punished under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
Links to Other Sites
- Our website has links to many other web sites. When you go to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of that site. HAC cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided there.
- Linking to a web site does not constitute an endorsement by HAC, or any of its employees, of the sponsors of the site or the products presented on the site.